Thursday, August 1, 2013

When He Returned...(Writing 2 My Heart Reply) By: A. Marie Rose

My heart spoke to you worlds ago. Way back when all she knew about love was you. She whispered her spoken words in your ears and wrote you letters of romance. But you opened my chest only to make my heart more vulnerable to heartbreak. I was caught up in everything about you,your dreams, your life,your smile… We had been friends since junior high. But times back then were so complicated and we did not understand how to love eachother, let alone just love. And years later you walk back in my life writing me lullabies and poems. How dare you write to her now? How dare you try to love her now? You left her in pieces sprawled amongst the pebbles on the street. She cried in your absence and you cared not. Your present words inspire me. You are now the man I wanted back then. You understand all of my characters, including the commas,periods,and spaces of my words without me ever uttering a word verbally to you. You appreciate my pain and my fantasies that I paint in my poems. I’ve loved a writer before and although I’d want to bring myself to let you in,you already crossed and destroyed that bridge. Out of hope I gathered the ashes and left them in a boxfor you to grab if you ever returned. But you never did so I stored them in a place that I never thought I would see again… But you’re back. Writing out the stories of my heart like she gave them to you in an interview. You’re back like you never left and she has no idea of what to do about that… So she writes.
                                 -A. Marie Rose

Y'all Go Check Out This Amazing Writer And Follow Her Tumblir: www.Lyricalelement.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment